Tuesday, February 8, 2011

More races for great causes!

This past week has been pretty awesome :-)

I sat at my computer at 6:30pm on February 2nd with my credit card in hand more read than EVER to hit that submit button. So worried/nervous that I wouldn't get in - but, by some miracle from God, I signed up for my second Maine Tri for a Cure right before the registration slots for 850 athletes closed after just 4 minutes!!!

Tri for a Cure is an all womens sprint triathlon held in beautiful South Portland, ME! The event is in its 4th year and is one of the signature fundraising events of the Maine Cancer Foundation! MCF is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the health and well being of Maine people by funding cancer research, education and patient support programs. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to participate for the second year in a row! Last year was an AMAZING experience! I strongly encourage any woman who has been touched by this awful disease to TRI it out :-)

http://www.mainetriforacure.org/


In addition to signing up for the TRI, I was also able to register for the Maine Marathon! Registration is STILL OPEN for any of you still contemplating ;-) A BEAUTIFUL course right along the Maine coastline! The race isn't until October so even if you haven't run a mile in your life - I would be MORE than happy to help you out and get you going! And I mean that for ANYONE who is thinking about running this race!

http://www.mainemarathon.com/

No comments: