Wednesday, February 16, 2011

DFMC singlet has arrived!

I received my DFMC singlet in the mail this past week! Exciting, exciting :-) They look great and I am so proud to be able to wear it come race day!

There has been a lot of talk about the newest announcement from the BAA. Check our the changes for the Boston Marathon in years to come! I think the changes are great - although it stinks to hear so much bad talk about the charity programs from fellow runners. I hope to qualify someday, but until then I can't really see sitting home and feeling like I don't belong. As long as the BAA still offers the programs, I will still continue to apply in hopes that I can make a difference :-)



Training as been going well. Nothing too exciting to report. I've had to skip some days recently and my long run is about 1-2 miles shorter than I had hoped at this point, but I'm sure everything will turn out fine!

I'm not quite at where I had hoped to be by this point as far as fundraising goes. I really hope that the next couple of weeks will pick up! I really want to be able to reach my goal - or at least be almost there by race day! I know we can do this, but I can't do it alone. I need your help!

Thank you so much to everyone who has supported me this far! I couldn't be doing this without you :-) I received 3 donations this past week from 3 very special people to me - and with the week I've had let me tell you - getting the "Congratulations! Someone has made a donation to your run!" emails truly MAKE MY DAY! Thank you all so much! It really uplifts me every time someone is able to help support such an amazing cause.

No comments: